Thursday, August 25, 2005

Old Crow Medicine Show - Thursday evening

Hello Music Fans,
I'm excited about this show...These five young guys have been described as having "a driving feral energy." Maybe I can sneak my cat, who also has a driving feral energy in to the show. I have visions of Felix zipping around the stage...hummm, on second thought, maybe not.
OCMS is a punkified acoustic band. The play songs from some of the earliest traditions of American music--tunes from jug bands to Memphis blues. One of the members plays guitjo, a six string banjo that plays like a guitar. I can't wait to see that.
They have performed on Prairie Home Companion and at Bonnaroo in the last year--and I can't think of any other band that can span both audiences.

Old Crow Medicine Show
tonight, Thursday August 24
9:00 pm (sharp--no opening band)
$12
The Music Mill - 317.841.1850
3720 E. 82nd Street
Indianapolis

No comments: