Wednesday, June 1, 2005

Music in the Round

Hello Peonies,

I'm experiencing my first short 'holiday week'. And I'm all confused about what day it is. I've always worked on the restaurant business, and seemed to work extra when everyone else was off. I sure enjoyed sitting on my porch on Monday and reading until my eyes hurt.
Anyway...this Friday, just two short days away, four great touring songwriters (two from NYC and two from Chicago) will gather on the Harrison Center Underground stage for a music in the round. This is a great way to see music. The musician trade songs, often playing with each other for impromptu jams...as 'jammy' as acoustic music gets!
l. Friday 6/3-Harrison Center, 9:00-Mercy Driver
ll. Saturday 6/4- BR Farmers Market-9:00 am-Mercy Driver


l. Mercy Driver
Songwriters in the Round
9:00 pm
Harrison Center Underground



As you know the Harrison Center for the Arts loves a theme (as I do) for their gallery shows. The topic of this show is oncology on canvas, expressions of a Woman's Cancer Journey. For those of you who don't know the CATH Inc story, this show embraces the spirit of Cathy Peachey. Cathy who founded CATH over twenty years ago died of breast cancer in 1996. Cathy put a face on breast cancer. The Cathy Peachey foundation has raised over 1.4 million dollars that has gone directly to IU Cancer Center for research. I hope you'll go see the Harrison Gallery show, and head to the Underground to hear the music after.
Mercy Driver is made up of four musicians, the core of who met at CATH last summer during the Midwest Music Summit. Jeremiah Birnbaum, Shelley Miller, Dave Golden and Kara Kulpa will trade songs and stories. It's really cool--I promise!



ll. Mercy Driver
Songwriters in the Round
Broad Ripple Farmers Market
Saturday, June 4th
9:00 am (for music, shop earlier)
The Indianapolis Art Center
67th and the Monon Trail


This is a new venue for the Market, and it's terrific. Last week was amazing...I hope you'll check it out.

See you this weekend!
Nora

No comments: