Friday, March 21, 2014

Broad Ripple Gazette volume 11 number 6

First published in the Broad Ripple Gazette. 

Byrd House Sound – Early Byrd Show with Steve Fulton
Saturday, March 22, 2014
Melody Inn
3826 N. Illinois Street
21+, 8:00 – 9:00 PM

Jeff Byrd, Russell Birch, Steve Johnson are a  Heartland rock-n-roll band in the vein of Bruce Springsteen, The Replacements, Gaslight Anthem, and John Mellencamp.

I’ve been a fan of Jeff Byrd for years and have enjoyed all of his projects and this one sounds great too (you can listen to some of their songs on Reverb Nation). Shows at the Melody Inn are always a blast.
Put on your dancing shoes – or at least your swaying in place shoes – and rock out Midwest style to Byrd House Sound.


40th Anniversary Celebration
Sunday, March 30, 2014
Indy CD & Vinyl
806 Broad Ripple Avenue
all-ages, free, 2:00 – 5:00 PM

D.J. Jewey Ramone is hosting a 40th anniversary to the day celebration of the Ramones first-ever show on March 30, 1974 in New York City.

I was lucky enough to first see the Ramones at the Vogue on May 24, 1982, just five days after my 21st birthday. I couldn’t imagine a better way to celebrate! Joey Ramone and I shared the May 19th birthday so I made a ‘Happy Birthday Joey’ sign and was thrilled when he nodded to me. In my mind our eyes met and he was conveying his everlasting love through a meaningful gaze. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. And since his hair was always famously in his eyes and he wore sunglasses, it could have happened!

I’ll see you there!


No comments: